These Spark pre workout drinks from Protein Supplies Australia are amazing, the taste is second to none. My son has been using them as a pre workout for years now and I often sneak some and add it to healthy snacks, not only does it add a boost of energy, I love the amazing flavour combinations and how they add the extra wow factor to everything I've added them too. I've made a similar recipes to these in the past and shared them here on the blog. The Strawberry and Passionfruit Pre Workout Stars never last long but I wanted to do one up that has better Macronutrients for a pre workout snack which is mainly high GI carbs for quick release energy and low fat. I've used coconut because it an MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) are known for increasing sustained energy over an 24 hours period of 5% and help to raise the metabolism. I also added L-Glutamine which also assists with energy levels as well as digestive health, immune system and muscle support. Oats and dried fruit are great sources of carbohydrates and fibre making this a perfect combination of ingredients for health, energy, weight maintenance or loss and the best part is, they taste fantastic!!
Mango, Pineapple and Coconut Pre-Workout Chews
Make: 12 chews
12 pitted dates
1 medium mango
3 tbs Protein Supplies Australia Pineapple and Coconut Spark
3 tbs oat flour – ground rolled oats
1 tbs coconut flour
1 tbs ground chia
1-2 tsp L-Glutamine
1 tsp psyllium
1 heaped tsp Protein Supplies Australia L-Glutamine
- Add the dates and mango to a blender and blend until smooth. You want the dates to be pureed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients then blend for as long as you can before it gets too thick.
- You can either leave the mixture in the blender or transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to get firm.
- When it’s cold and firm, roll out on non-stick paper to approx. 1cm thickness then cut into cubes.
- Roll cubes in the coconut, shake off excess and store in a container or clip lock bag for snack on the go.
You may also like