Saturday, February 19, 2011

Apple & fig slice with a walnut streusel topping, raw and healthy.

Needed something for the girls for morning tea. Katie has inspired the raw creativeness in me again which is so much fun. I love it when I have eager appetites. Especially for healthy treats that look wicked. I love putting these together first thing in the morning whilst drinking my first cup of green tea.. my start to the day. I love getting up early and watching the sunrise from my window as I put together fruit smoothies, omelette's for my families breakfasts then lunches and morning teas for the day. It's one of my Zen times. Peace and quiet  before they all wake up.
Last week I had some apples that I wanted to use so I put this together. It was a hit so I thought id better blog it. Sonia always asks for the recipe so now I am able to tell her to check out the blog. It's my recipe book for friends.
Apple & Fig slice with a walnut streusel topping

Base
½ cup active mix
½ cup buckies
3 T dark agave
3 T coconut oil
1 t vanilla powder

Preparation
Blend dry ingredients until fine then add agave and coconut until it is sticky. Press into a dish

Filing
2 apples peeled and diced
½ cup figs chopped
½ t cinnamon
1/3 cup active mix
½ cup dried coconut

Preparation
Blend apples until smooth then add remaining ingredients and blend leaving a little bit of texture. Pour onto base and level out.

Topping
2/3 cup walnuts
½ cup sultanas (raisins)
2-3 T coconut
1 T agave
1 t cinnamon

Preparation
Pulse nuts and sultanas in a blender until chunky, pour into a bowl and add agave and mix till combined then spread over filling. Pour some extra agave on top if you wish in a thin stream zig zagging across.




enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. I think I will have to try this to introduce it to my friends as a raw tempter. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Tara I've only just found this.. have you tried it on your friends yet, if so, how did it go? Hope you all enjoyed.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)