Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake with Passionfruit topping - raw and healthy

I love reading cookbooks and magazines, it's my zen thing to do. I was going through some old magazines the other day and there was a photo of a low fat passionfruit cheesecake. It looked so good I though I just have to do a raw one of those for the girls for morning tea. Our passionfruit vine is full of fruit and I had a bowl full that needed to be used so ti was perfect. This is what I came up with and I must admit I'm not a lover of passionfruit (but I know the girls are). I will say though that the cheesecake and crust of this is amazing. The texture of the base and the cheesy meringue filling is amazing.  I put the cheesecake filling in a piping bag and dolloped it on the cake which gave it a meringue look, that why I've given it the name I've chosen. There's meringue but it looks like there is.

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake with a Passionfruit topping
Ingredients:
Base
½ t vanilla powder or equivalent
3 tbs coconut oil
½ - ½ cup agave

Preparation 
In a dry blender ground buckies and almonds until fine, place into a bowl and add oil, vanilla and agave, stir until it hold together firmly when pressed together. Press into a cheesecake pan with a removable bottom, line the base with greaseproof baking paper so that you can slide it of the base without it sticking.

Filling
2 cups cashews – soaked 1hr
½ cup agave
½ sqeezed lemon
1 tbs Lemon zest
½ cup nutmilk (or water)

Preparatioin
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy, don’t let it get to runny. Add ½ tsp guar gum while blending is running. Continue until thick. Place into a piping bag and dollop over base, if you don’t have a piping bag just spread it. Sprinkle fresh passionfruit over the top and refridgerate for 2hrs.
Serve and enjoy!! Anytime of the day.. J






No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)