Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wholemeal vanilla chocolate chip easter buns


Wholemeal vanilla, Chocolate chip hot cross buns
I  made these for my boys on Easter Friday, these had to be special for my youngest, 14yr old J, he won't eat anything if I put fruit in it!! grrrrr, im working on it!!
I only rose these the once so the finished bun had much larger holes, not the nice fine bread that you get when you punch it down and give it a second play. Turning them out and shaping the balls will do that which I have included in the recipe. I just cut them into squares straight in the bowl I rose them in.They must have been OK though because I took the first photo when they came out of the oven then the next thing I knew there was only one left, both of the boys and my dear husband had devoured the lot leaving one lonely bun sitting all by itself waiting for a photo! so I quickly got it and before I knew it he was gone too!!
I will try to get the recipes up soon!! Ive been very busy in my kitchen, it has been my Zen place lately. I have lots of photos and lots of recipes so I now need to get cracking and upload them all..
Hope you all enjoyed your Easter break, the 5days off was amazing!! blissful actually. All is good though, I am back with a vengeance and must keep up with my goals!!
Enjoy.. :)

Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups 'OO' flour or plain flour
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
pinch salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Seeds from 2 vanilla beans or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup nut milk, soy milk or skim milk
1/4 cup room temperature butter or coconut oil
1 sachet of yeast (2 tsp)
1./2 cup dark chocolate chips

Glaze

2 tbs coconut palm sugar
1 tbs warm water

Preparation

Place all ingredients into a bread machine in the order that they have been mentioned minus the chocolate chips. Set to the dough setting and start.
Once dough is finished turn into a large oil lined bowl and gently knead chocolate into the dough. Cover with cling film and leave in a draft free spot to double in size. About 1 hour.
Turn out and divide into 9 equal pieces. In a baking paper or greased square dish place the balls 3 x 3 so that they all touch each other. Set aside to rise again then bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until they sound hollow.
Glaze
Whilst it is still hot mix the sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved then brush over the buns with a pastry brush.

They are best eaten whilst still warm..

Enjoy.. :)


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)