Monday, May 16, 2011

Raw chocolate hazelnut tart

By Karenluvslife

Chocolate and hazelnuts!! I had to have a go at doing up a raw version of this magic combination. This is what I came up with. As per usual I measured the initial ingredients but as I was tweaking it I didn’t so there is a bit of guess work in the amounts. It’s always best to try as you go anyway, especially for chocolate. We all have different levels of sweetness and chocolatelyness!! I’m sure that’s a word, if it’s not then it should be.
Makes a small 17cmx10cm tart
Ingredients:
Base:
1 cup hazelnuts
1 cup sultanas
½ teaspoon ground vanilla bean
2 tablespoons coconut butter
½ teaspoon coffee grounds – organic
1 tablespoon cacao nibs

Preparation:
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until it starts to form a ball and sticks together. Press into a rectangular coconut oil greased or lined tart pan.

Filling:
1 cup cashews – soaked 1-2hrs
½ cup dates – soaked 1-2hrs
2 avocadoes
½ - 2/3 cup agave
½ teaspoon ground vanilla bean
1 ½ - 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Decoration: Hazelnuts and raw cacoa nibs.  – I gave the hazelnuts a quick roast in a hot fry pan, it just takes them to a new level when roasted but you don’t have to do that. I could have soaked and dehydrated them but wasn't that organised.

Preparation:
Place drained cashews, dates, avocado, agave and vanilla into a good high speed blender and blend until smooth. It will take a little while as you want it to be really smooth and creamy with no lumps or texture. Once you have it at the right texture add the cacao powder and blend until it is completely incorporated and looks gorgeous. J
These photos were taken before it had set properly but it still tasted amazing. I am a bit of a gooey chocolate lover but I kept it in the freezer and once it had set properly it sliced beautifully. There was enough left over for dessert with my family that night.

Enjoy








2 comments:

  1. I cant believe this is raw, it looks so good! I'm bookmarking this page and will try making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks delicious! and you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)