Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crispy celery sprinkles

I just don't like waisting anything, especially good food. I used to buy celery salt until I found out that it had salt in it and to make matters worse they don't even tell you what sort of salt it is. I don't like that. You would think that when they put it with celery it would be good sea salt but I don't trust anyone so that's why I like to make everything myself. I've always felt that no one cares what goes into my body as much as I do. You hear so many stories about the little bits of bacon that where in the vegetarian quiche that the vegetarian wasn't told about and the eggs in the vegan cake that the vegan wasn't told about.
Celery is one of my favourite foods, I must always have fresh celery and fresh greens in my fridge or I panic!! plus lots of melons and papayas!! oh and zucchini's.
So with all the celery I get I always dehydrate the tops and the base. The base makes a nice crunchy feed of chips. The layers shrink away from the base and become crispy and salty. Perfect little savoury treat. It actually never gets any further that the dehydrators. One of those things you must eat straight away while still warm with mega crunch! The stalks do the same and always remind me of pretzels.
It only takes 12-18hrs at a nice low temp and they are done. I put them into a strong bag and then crush them by hand and pour them into a glass jar to sprinkle on my salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)