Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One fruit mince - 4 Christmas delights, so far!!


Tropical Christmas Cake
 Chocolate Hazelnut Christmas Cake
 Christmas Balls
Healthy Christmas Cake
Oh well they're delights to me! The are all gluten free, grain free and dairy free.

I made up a big batch of Fruit mince last week and have had it soaking for a few days. Each day I've made a different cake. I finished the last of it on Sunday with the Christmas Balls. I must say the old it get the better it gets.

Fruit mince is so versatile I have a couple of other things I want to try before Christmas so I will have to do another batch of fruit and get it soaking.

Here is the recipe


2011 fruit mince
Ingredients:
1 cup Dates
1 cup Figs
1 cup Apricots
2 cups Sultanas
½ cup currants – cos I had some!!
3-4 dried bananas

1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. mixed spice
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. ground vanilla bean

1 mango
3 oranges
1 banana

1 ½ cups coconut sugar

Preparation:

Chop all dried fruit except sultanas and currents into small even pieces and throw into a large bowl, preferably one with a lid.
Add ground spices and vanilla.
Blend mango, peeled and seeded orange and peeled banana in a blender until smooth and add to mix making sure it is really well covered as the dried fruits will soak up all the liquid.
Stir and cover then leave for about 5hrs then place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning add the coconut sugar and the almonds, chop the almonds into small chunks before adding.
Stir again and place back into the fridge.
After about 3-4hrs it is ready to make your Christmas goodies. 
NOTE: The longer you leave it the better!!




Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)