I was supposed to have this post up last weekend but with my hubby home there not much time to waste. Well it’s not wasting time but I make an effort to stay away from my computer so we get lots a good quality time together.
Beans were on special so I bought up!!! Hubby loves vegetarian burgers so I googled. Found this recipe on taste.com.au and modified it. I made burgers for the boys with them but I think they would be much better served with a salad for a grain free meal. A single pattie would make a great snack.
You can find the original recipe here
Mixed bean burger
Ingredients (serves 4)
- · 3 slices grain bread toasted
- · 1 400g can red kidney beans
- · 1 400g can mixed beans
- · 2 tbs dried onion flakes
- · 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley or tbs dried
- · 1 egg
- · 1 large garlic clove or 1tsp dried
- · Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- · 1 cup ground Kitz living foods 4 seeds crackers or LSA
- · ½ tsp massel chicken or vegetable stock powder
- · 2 tbs organic tomato or BBQ sauce
Preheat oven to 180oc. Place the toast in a food processor and whiz into breadcrumbs, turn them out into a bowl. Rinse and drain the beans. Place in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. The remaining ingredients with half the seed mix and process until just combined. Shape evenly into 8 patties. Roll in the rest of the ground seeds mix. Place on a baking paper lined tray, spray lightly with olive oil and bake until firm and crisp. About 30-45 mins.
Cook up an egg, spread toasted wholemeal, grain or seed bread with avocado, organic bbq or tomato sauce, home made or good quality mayo, greens, tomato and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper, sea salt and fresh chilli if you wish.. Enjoy!