Thursday, January 5, 2012

Raw balls for my buddy!

What a great couple of weeks I've had. I made everyone take a two week break from work, me included. I've had such a relaxing time, the weather has been amazing. I am grateful everyday for where I live.
Summer holidays at home
I was up early this morning to get my walk and gym done as we met up with my brother and his family for breakfast. I've been walking much earlier as I don't have to get breaky, lunch, morning tea done as everyone is not having to leave early. Relaxing Sunday breakfast's seem to be happening everyday. It's really nice. I got some organic nitrate free bacon and ham for my boys for Christmas which has been a real treat as there is absolutely no chance of me ever having processed meats in this house!! It's a Nitrate free zone..

So for my little buddy Anton I had prepared these Rawballs!! I took some to Darwin with me last year and put them in the fridge at his place to share with everyone. He nearly devoured the lot!! I love to see kids enjoy good food and was so pleased that he loved them. It was all good. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't like them but when I gave them to him this morning he seemed pretty pleased, he hid them on his lap in case his sister ate them.. I was also inspired to do a super healthy one for his mum.. that's the Sun warrior super balls.

I have my two nieces coming down in a few weeks so got some inspiration from my sister on what they may like.. looks like chocolate will be the go.

Sun warrior super balls
Ingredients:
Equal amounts of
Dates
Sultanas (seedless raisins)
Brazil nuts - selenium, the best natural source!
Walnuts – omega 3, good for brain and heart
Almonds - calcium, folic acid, zinc
Low temp dried coconut – medium chain fatty acids, good for metabolism
¼ amount of
Cacao nibs – antioxidants, magnesium, good for brain, happiness and energy!
Goji berries - antioxidants, vitamin c, iron
Cacao powder - same as nibs
Sun warrior protein powder – I used vanilla. Raw vegan highly digestible protein powder for growth and repair, immune system and metabolism
½ to 1 tsp cinnamon – stabalises insulin, good for diabetes and burning fat
 and freshly ground vanilla bean
Optional: Spirulina, I didn't add this as I didn't want to scare them.. 

Preparation:
Add fruits, nuts, cacao nibs, Goji berries to a food processor and blend until fudgy, add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until it forms a ball or stick together when shaped into a ball.
Roll into small balls the cover with the low temp dried coconut.
Enjoy warm and gooey or place in the fridge and wait until they are cool. If you want you can also freeze them, this works well for portion control as it takes much longer to eat it!! J
NOTE: I did a small batch this time, just a small hand full of each fruit and nut and about 3-4 tablespoons of the Goji, cacao nibs. 1 large tablespoon of the protein powder and ½ tsp of cinnamon and vanilla.

Fig and macadamia balls

In a food processor mush up a handful or two of organic dried figs then add the same amount of madacamias and a hint of freshly ground vanilla been and process until it stickes together when pressed into a ball. shape them then roll in coconut. 

I just pressed one side into the coconut to make it easy to tell the different flavours

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)