Sunday, January 15, 2012

A request so it's going in my online cookbook

As I've said before this is also my go-to place for my own recipes. If a recipe is too much trouble to find I make it up. Sometimes I don't get them exactly the same, and don't you worry, they let me know!! I asked Jordi what he wanted for snack food yesterday and it was these muffins i've made a few times. I was good and found my recipes. Lucky I had written it down but it did take a bit of searching.
We've also had our path and driveway resurfaced this week, I love how well the colour goes with our fence and garden. As you can see we are not hard to find.



 Spelt & almond donut muffins
Makes 12
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups org wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup raw almonds
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 ½ cup coconut sugar or ½ cup honey plus ½ cup dark agave
½ cup avocado, rice bran or extra virgin olive oil
3 eggs
¼ cup water if needed

Cinnamon sugar - grind 3 tbs coconut palm sugar then add 1 tbs ground cinnamon to it. (I put it into a shaker so I can sprinkle it on)

Preparation:
Set oven to 170oc to preheat.
Ground almonds in a high powdered blender until fine
Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughty to distribute evenly and aerate
Make a well in the center and add all wet ingredients minus the water. Beat wet ingredients then mix it all together in folding motion until fully incorporated. Add the water if it seems to dry.
Spoon or pour into a 12 x muffin tin, I always spray mine with not stick oil as it makes them come out really easy. If you don’t want to do that then use patty cake thingy’s. (I can’t remember the name for them!)
Spray extra virgin olive oil or brush melted butter over muffins then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the muffins while still  piping  hot. 
Quiet little breaky on this beautiful Sunday morning, 
just Nat and I and a nice phone chat with my little sis! 
Pan fried mushroom, leek and cherry tomatoes with pan scrambled egg,
 grain toast :(, avocado and fresh greens.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)