Thursday, February 16, 2012

Apple Cinnamon and Agave Bircher Meusli


Bircher Muesli!!! If you asked me when I was 20 the one food I would take with me to a deserted Island, this is it!! Thick and goopey! Sweet, tangy, with a slight crunch from the nuts, soft chewy bit from the fruit, tangy creamy goodness from the yoghurt and goopeyness from the soaked oats. If it was only one thing I was allowed to take it was Rolled oats!! I can eat them straight up with just water.
I saw the little bits left in the bottom of the container after packing the Apple cinnamon Agave walnuts and couldn't grab them fast enough. You have to be quick, the left over's don't last long in the packing room.
My son and husband are also fans of Bircher and I had some beautiful thick organic Greek yoghurt at home  just waiting for something special. This is the quickest and easiest breakfast, snack or lunch around.


I haven't given quantities as it's up to you, I just threw it together in a glass container so that I could store it in the fridge.

Ingredients:
Kitz apple cinnamon agave walnuts
Organic Greek yoghurt
Rolled oats - not instant, there GI is higher and we want to keep it as low as we can
Optional
Protein powder

Raw version
Kitz apple cinnamon agave walnuts
Coconut or nut yoghurt
Buckies, Active mix, Active almonds or Pepsun ground
Raw vegan protein powder

Paleo Version
Kitz apple cinnamon agave walnuts
Coconut yoghurt, nut yoghurt or organic Greek yoghurt
Dried or freshly grated coconut
Protein powder of your choice


If I must say so myself these are pretty damn fine just by themselves as well!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)