Monday, February 13, 2012

Apricot Almond Fudge Cake


Son makes me laugh, my boys told me this was a disaster, and she said this is her new favourite. When she likes a new creation she does a “recipe please!!” in her nicest voice.  So Son here it is. (Son is short 
for Sonia!! Not my son! )



Apricot Almond Fudge Cake

Ingredients:
Dry mix
¾ cup each of almonds and sunflower seeds – ground
2 tbs coconut flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp ground vanilla
½ cup coconut sugar

Wet mix
1 cup organic dried apricots
¾ cup pitted dates
2 eggs
1/3 cup olive oil
½ cup almond milk
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Preparation:

Blend all wet ingredients in a blender leaving slightly chunky
Mix wet into dry and pour into a baking paper lined cake tin
Sprinkle with good quality dried coconut and bake in a turbo over for 25 mins on 150o c

2 comments:

  1. Hi, love your recipes. What is a turbo oven, can I use the regular oven, would it be same temp and time, thanks Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manda, thanks. The turbo oven is one of those glass bowl bench top convection ovens. It would work fine in a normal oven at 180 degrees c until a skewer comes out dry. Test it at about 25-30 minutes. It is a pretty moist cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)