Cinnamon Apricot Jam Donuts – Raw!
I've had a bit a raw focus on morning teas this week. It's great having some new staff that this is all new too, I love to see their reactions to healthy alternative to mainstream treats, is mainstream the right word? Hopefully not, I want to see the healthy versions becoming mainstream! That is my purpose!
You will need a mould for baking donuts or something with a similar shape. The one I have just leaves a dent in the center which made it easy to put the jam into.
½ cup buckies
½ cup active almonds
½ cup good quality unsweetened coconut
½ tsp ground vanilla bean
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbs coconut oil
1/3 to ¼ cup agave
- Add buckies and almonds to a food processor and grind until fine
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it sticks together when you press it into a ball
- Sprinkle water over your donut mould then place a large piece of cling film over the top.
- Note: the water helps the cling film slide into the mould and you need more than you think because once it goes into the mould you don’t have much left
- Place about 2 tbs into each mould and press down firmly with the back of the spoon
- Gently pull the cling film up to remove the donuts and place onto a plate so that you can refrigerate them while you make the jam
¼ cup chopped organic apricots
1/3 cup of chopped pitted dates
¼ tsp vanilla
Filtered water to cover
- Add ingredients to a small personal blender and add warm filtered water to just cover
- Leave for about an hour or two so that the fruit is soft
- Blend until thick and smooth just like jam!
- Place a spoonful into the middle of the donuts