Friday, March 9, 2012

Grain free, Good seed, Zucchini bread

Here is another grain free recipe that helps to stay on track. Bread is one of the things most people really miss when they have to give up gluten, grains or go low carb etc.
I used some crackers that I had here so there was a lot of flavour in them so I didn't have to add any to the recipe. They would also work well with plain ground seeds with just a bit of sea salt if you wanted. Then they would be more like normal bread. I will try it out soon.
I made it first thing in the morning so served it with an egg. There are so many things you could do with it. The list is endless, anything you would do with bread!!


Grain free Good seed Zucchini bread

Can be used as a pizza base, focaccia bread, sandwich bread or toast!

Makes: one 25cm round bread

Ingredients:
180g Kitzcrackers – I used Italian and Savoury 4 seed
1 zucchini
2 tbs egg white powder
1 free range or organic egg

Preparation:
Ground the crackers in a food processor until fine then pour into a large bowl with the baking powder and stir to combine.
Grate zucchini and add to the bowl
Add the egg white powder, egg and half an egg shell of water to the bowl and mix vigorously until the egg white powder is not lumpy
Tip into a lightly greased or paper lined pie dish or large round cake tin and flatten out. (using a dish helps to get it perfectly round)
Bake in a preheated 180oc oven for about.. oops, I didn’t time it. I think about 20mins. Keep an eye on it and when you press the top it feels firm take it out. J




Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)