Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kitz special Banana cinnamon swirl cake with cashew frosting

I had no intention of even writing this recipe down let alone blogging it, it was just a throw together I did yesterday to use up some some very ripe bananas. My little bucket of ground active almonds I have in the freezer for making grain free goodies was empty so I turned to the  pantry and found some packs of Buckies, 4 seed crackers and natural Active almonds, threw them in the blender and whizzed them into a meal. I also made some grain free, sugar free passionfruit pancakes for my Jo.

So why am I adding it to my online recipe book, because the Angles loved it so much they asked me to!! and that seemed like a pretty good reason to me. It also means that I have a record of what I did so that I can do it again. Well at least try to!!


Kitz special Banana cinnamon swirl cake with cashew frosting

This is a super moist cake almost like pudding. Grain free with a dairy free option.
Makes one Bundt cake or med cake pan

NOTE: All measurement are estimates as this was a throw together but the demand for the recipe means I have to blog it for some Angels!

Ingredients:

Dry mix
2 ½ cups ground Buckies, 4 seeds crackers and Active Almonds Natural or ground up sprouted and dehydrated nuts, seeds and buckwheat.
1 ¼ cups coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder – gluten free and aluminum free

Wet mix
3 very ripe lady finger bananas
2 free range eggs
¼ cup EV olive oil
1 large tsp ground vanilla bean or similar
3 large tbs organic Greek yoghurt or coconut/nut yoghurt for dairy free

Preparation:

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add wet mix then stir until it is fully combined
Pour into a greased Bundt tin or baking paper lined square cake pan
Turn oven on to preheat to 180oc while the cake sits. The meal with soak up some of the moisture
Bake for about 40-50 mins.
Remove and leave in pan to cook for at least 15mins then turn out


Cashew cream

½ cup cashews soaked for 1-2 hours, rinse then add water to just cover in a small personal blender like the tribest or magic bullet.
Add a pinch of stevia and vanilla or a soaked date/honey or agave
Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
You can serve the cream warm or cool it in the fridge if you prefer it cold

You can leave the cake out for a day then it must go in the fridge.

 Enjoy!

I have this feeling this one needs a raw version!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)