Friday, June 1, 2012

Lemon coconut and vanilla muffins – grain free, dairy free, sugar free.

I make sugar free, grain free muffins for my little Angel 2 to 3 times a week. They make great snacks between meals and keep cravings at bay. They are a great source of natural protein, healthy fats and are low in carbs. Perfect for a girl! (and a boy but my boys want the lot!)
I made these ones yesterday deviating from my usual recipes and they came out light and fluffy with good colour and texture so I have to add them to my online address book and share.


Lemon coconut and vanilla muffins
– grain free, dairy free, sugar free.
Makes 6

Ingredients:
1 50g packet coconut milk powder
2 large tbs coconut flour
2-3 tbs vanilla protein powder – I used Sunwarrior
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp baking powder, gluten free, aluminum free
1/3 cup egg whites
About ½ cup chai tea or water
Zest from ½ lemon
2-3 squirts lemon stevia

Preparation:
Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine
Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. You want the mix to be fairly thick but not too thick as they will come out dry.
Spoon into greased non-stick muffin tins or silicon muffin moulds and bake on 180oc for 20-25 mins
Let them cool then enjoy! 
NOTE: Store in the fridge and they will last a few days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)