Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pepsun Artichoke dip – nut free, dairy free, vegan


 I've been a bit slack.. no blogging for a while. I am all inspired this week though, the camera is out and I have some new recipes I've been playing with. Here is one I made for the girls this morning using the Kitz Pepsun, which is nut free. Just soaked, sprouted, dehydrated sunflower seeds and pepitas for them to have with our Kitz Crackers, Italian herb and garlic and Chilli Salsa.




 
Pepsun Artichoke dip – nut free, dairy free, vegan

Ingredients

½ cup Pepsun (or ¼ cup each of sprouted/dehydrated sunflower seeds and pepitas)
½ jar marinated artichokes with some of the marinade
1 t dried onion or 2 slices on fresh red onion
1 t dried garlic granules or a peeled garlic clove
½ t dried mixed herbs
Splash of good quality mirin, not one with sugar in it!!
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation

Place all ingredients into a small blender like the tri-best personal blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning and consistency to taste.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)