Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Super charged breakfast cakes/muffins - grain free, dairy free


I make these whenever we have to get away early in the morning, they are super easy to just grab on our way out. Full of all the ingredients I would add to a Bircher but with a few tweaks I turn them into muffins or as in this case little cakes. I should know the name of the shape of these but I don't or can't remember so today they are 'little cakes!' I wasn't going to blog them but after having one I just had too, even just for myself so that I can come back to the recipe. They are so good!! A bit of crunch from the walnuts and sprouted buckwheat in the Super Charged with the big chunks of soft gooey dates and sultanas I just had to make sure I had a record of this recipe. As per usual it was a stand at the pantry and throw it in, but luckily I was using a cup so the measurements are fairly accurateYou could also add a bit of coconut and use blended pineapple instead of the apple juice for a nice tropical treat. 




Super charged breakfast cakes/muffins - grain free, dairy free
Ingredients:
1 cup Super Charged crumbled
1 cup almond meal/flour
1 cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup chopped pitted dates
2/3 cup natural sultanas/raisins
2/3 cup walnuts
2 tbs coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder – gluten and aluminum free
1 large tsp cinnamon
1 large tsp ground vanilla bean
2 free range or organic eggs
½ cup organic apples juice
1/3 cup avocado, grapeseed, macadamia or extra virgin olive oil
Love!!

Preparation:
Add first 3 ingredients with the baking  powder, cinnamon and vanilla and mix so that you have no lumps and the baking powder and spices are evenly distributed throughout the mix.
Add the reaming drying ingredients and mix to combine and cover the fruit and nuts with the meal/flour
Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients, give them quick stir to combine them then stir through the rest of the mix until it is all wet and fully combined.
Spoon the mix into a large muffin pan of your choice that has been oiled to prevent sticking and bake for approximately 25mins or until they spring back when pressed in the center.
Wait for them to cool off a while before turning out of the pan.
Enjoy warm or cooled.
Mmm, a bit of whipped coconut cream served with them while still warm would be a bit divine!! 


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)