Monday, June 11, 2012

Savoury almond waffles - grain free, sugar free, gluten free & dairy free

Oh my goodness, how good has it been to have a long weekend. I needed it badly. Shame about the weather though, it's been cold and rainy all weekend. Good excuse to sit around, cook and be lazy. I love that sometimes. With a good session of Bodyrocktv I'm ok with being lazy.
I love using the waffle maker and I was up yesterday while everyone was asleep. This is my favourite time to be creative in the kitchen, it's my other zen time. My first one happens in the afternoon when I sit down with my mega Zentime Zalad, I will post it one day. I rocks my world and not a day goes by without it.
We are big on no grains, sugar or dairy around here. Not  perfect all the time but perfect is just as harmful as all out not caring!! I love re creating the things in life that my family enjoy so that they don't feel like they are missing out on anything. I have been eating healthy all of my adult life so none of the normal things even look like tempting me. But I love to see them happy so I do my best to get things right, some I win some I lose but hey, life's like that.


Savoury almond meal waffles
Grain free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free

Makes:  1 large

Ingredients:
4 large tbs almond meal
½ tsp baking powder – gluten free
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
Sprinkle of dried garlic and onion flakes
½ tsp massel stock powder – vegetable or chicken
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large tbs firm coconut oil
1 large free range or organic egg – home grown if you are one of the lucky ones!!

Preparation:
Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine and remove any lumps
Add the coconut oil and mix through with fingers until it resembles bread crumbs
Add the egg and stir
Pour into a heated waffle machine that has been coated with coconut oil or butter so that it does not stick
Cook for about 4-6mins or until you think it is cooked through
Remove and enjoy warm or cold with soup, scrambles eggs, poached or fried eggs, salad, stew or use as a pizza base.
Yummo!! Enjoy!
Four seed almond meal waffles
Add 4 tbs ground 4 seed crackers or ground chia, flax, sunflower seeds and pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
The double the rest of the recipe except the almond meal and proceed as above.



2 comments:

  1. OMG, thankyou so much for this recipe, I have been looking for something to have instead of bread or grain with eggs for breakfast, your a treasure, kind wishes Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure Amanda, my daughter is loving them with soup. I'd also like to try them as a pizza base. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)