Thursday, November 22, 2012

Creamy Mango and Banana pie - raw, vegan

Fresh mango, home grown lady finger bananas, ripe and sweet!! Half an hour on my hands and the kitchen all to myself. Calls for a Kitz Angels morning tea treat. It didn't come out with as much filling as I hoped it would but lucky this time I did a nice light crust that was very thin so it didn't overshadow the rest. This only took me about 20 mins to make with my Vitamix.. love this thing!! I have no idea why I didn't get one years ago.

Creamy Mango and Banana pie

Base:

1 cup dates
1 cup dry coconut

Preparation:

Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or a food processor and process until fine then press into a baking paper lined straight sided dish. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.

Filling:

1/2 large mango - a whole one would be good too but I put the other half in a smoothie
3-4 really ripe lady finger bananas or similar
2/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp guar gum - optional but it does help it to stay firm and adds creaminess
3 tbs melted coconut oil

Preparation:

Blend all of the ingredients minus the guar gum and the coconut oil in a high speed blender or food processor until super smooth then add the guar gum and the coconut and blend for about a minute so it good super smooth and a little bit fluffy. Pour over base.

Decorate with dried mango and coconut. Freeze until firm then remove from dish and put on a nice serving plate.. or just get into it as is with a big spoon!!!


Have fun.. K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)