Monday, March 18, 2013

Quick and easy Burrito wraps - 2 ingredients!

I made these last Friday and they were so quick and easy. Friday night is Burrito night in our house and I didn't have any wraps so I made these with the last cup of flour I had! They came out great, they are strong, soft, light and easy. I just won't buy the ones with additives in them and the boys hate them, because they fall apart and they are usually really dry and brittle. These were none of those.

We had one left over so Mr J got a breakfast burrito, good way to sneak some fresh greens into his breakfast.

 Easy Burrito Wrap

Makes: 4

Ingredients:

1 cup self raising flour or plain (both work)
1/2 cup water - room temperature

Preparation:


  1. Add water to flour in a large bowl and mix with a spoon until it comes together
  2. Grease hands with good quality oil, I used extra virgin olive oil, and kneed until it forms a nice pliable ball
  3. let sit for at least 20mins - I left mine about an hour
  4. Preheat a good heavy based fry pan to medium/high and wipe it with coconut oil. I put coconut oil on a paper towel and wiped it over the bottom of the pan.
  5. Divide into quarters, then one at a time roll into balls and press out as flat as you can with a rolling pin on an oiled surface then cook in the heated pan.
  6. Once you see bubbles appearing turn to cook the other side. 
  7. While the first is cooking roll out the second so that it is ready to go.


Cook until bubbles appear and you get some dark spot on the bottom
turn and finish cooking. Make sure it has cooked right through, if not turn again a finish. 

Enjoy, these can be used for so many things, I am going to try them with Spelt flour as well, will update on how they go. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)