(This picture was made using method 2)Makes: about 6
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup rolled oats
1-2 tbs Protein powder - If using you may need to add some water or more dates to get it sticky and fudgy!
Method 1 - No appliance needed
- Grab the dates and mush them up with your hands then place them into a bowl
- Add the oats and protein powder if using with 1 tablespoon of water to start, you may need more but remember that the longer you massage it the softer it all becomes so don't add too much or they will be a sloppy mess. If that happens add more oats or protein powder.
- Massage the dates into the oats and protein powder until you get a nice doughy ball
- Pick yum-ball size pieces off and shape into small balls
- Devour straight away or place into a container or zip-lock bag for later.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until fine and sticky. It will go through a stage where it looks a bit dry but keep going the dates will soften up and it will become fudgey.
- Roll into balls. I blended a bit of the oats into a flour and rolled some in that as well.
- You can play with the measurements, the second picture has about 3/4 dates to 1/4 oats.. yes it was yum! but I have a very sweet tooth.
1. I used dry dates but mine are nice soft ones. Quite often when you buy the packets of dates they can be very dry, if that is the case then you will need to add a little more water to the mix to re-hydrate them. If you have time you can soak them in a little bit of warm water then mix in the remaining ingredients and you will not need to add the water. Only do this for method 1, its could make then too soft if using method 2.
2. If you are gluten intolerant use the gluten free oats. They will be much firmer and larger than the quick oats so grind them in a coffee grinder or blender to make them small and soft so that you get a nice gooey consistency if using method 1.
this one has more dates in it... yummy and super sweet.Enjoy!