It's been so good having my Jo home... a good excuse to make yummy healthy fitness treats. These are virtually a post or pre workout meal presented as tarts.. the texture is to die for, chewy crust with a soft gooey centre and they taste amazing! Even if they are a little bit rustic looking...
Banana and Pear tarts – high protein
Makes 4 tarts
½ cup oats
¼ cup dried coconut
2 large tablespoons pea protein powder
2 large tablespoons rice syrup
1/8 tsp vanilla powder or similar
1 large tablespoon coconut oil – soft not melted
1 tablespoon water
2 small lady finger bananas
2/3 ripe pear
¼ tsp vanilla
2 tbs pea protein powder
Sweetener if you feel you need it.. I didn't add any
- Place all dry ingredients into a small food processor or blender and blend until you have a fine meal.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until you get a sticky dough. If it’s still a bit dry add a tiny bit of water until you get a good consistency.
- Press into cling film lined muffin tins and freeze so that they harden while you prepare the filling
- Add fruit to a small blender a blend until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until thick and creamy
- Pour or spoon into crusts then either refrigerate or freeze until they firm up.. or you could just devour them while they are warm and gooey!!
- Use organic were possible
- I used pea protein powder but you could also use rice protein powder, I think whey would be a bit runny but you can try it. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to help it set.
- I used rice syrup to keep the fructose low but you cold also use honey, agave, stevia or 2 soft dates