- Preheat oven the 170-180 o c (350 o f)
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly so the baking powder is evenly distributed throughout the mix
- Add the banana and pear and mix again to cover the fruit with the dry ingredients so that they stay separated while cooking
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and coconut oil, whisk them together so that the eggs and oil have combined then gently and thoroughly fold through the rest of the mix until you have a thick doughy mix. Don’t overdo it as it may result in a tough slice/cake
- Turn into the 20x20 cm baking dish lined with baking paper. (easy cleaning!)
- Sprinkle coconut flakes and sugar over the top before placing in the centre of preheated oven
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Let cool before slicing. It is a little bit crumbly but still delicious.
- Use gluten free oats for a gluten free slice or almond meal for grain free
- Whey protein powder or rice bran protein powder can be used if you don't have the pea
- You could substitute raw or brown sugar if you need too
- Use all xylitol for sugar free
- You can substitute sultanas/raisins and dates for the goji berries and prunes.
- You can also use extra virgin olive oil or melted butter if you don't have coconut oil
- Try to use as many organic ingredients as possible
It was my birthday last week and my dear husband surprised me with a retreat getaway for two nights. It was amazing and something we both really needed. We had the best time and just loved being in the country. Our cabin was perfect, the weather was perfect.. well basically it was Perfect!! Check out some photo's he got of the cabin and surroundings....
Ripples on the Creek