Friday, June 21, 2013

Alkalising Green Smoothie

I am really excited to be doing up recipes for Munch Crunch Organics. Every Friday I just order online at munchcrunchorganic. I love these guys, they supply me with beautiful fresh organic fruit and veg each week, and to make things even better it's delivered to my front door, Plus!!! they are all such nice people, so obviously food grown with love!! Can't beat that.
I would also love to hear from you guys, what sort of recipes would you like me to make, sweet, savoury, family, kids, snacks, breakfast, mains, gluten/grain free, sugar free, dairy free, healthy, raw, vegan, vegetarian or meat eaters. Let me know, I love adapting everyday favourite and healthifying them.
Here's a good one for the weekend, especially with this cold rainy weather. Brrrrr, I am going to do a HIIT workout straight after posting this to warm up my bones!! I have added it at the end if you are inspired to smash it out in your lounge room, you'll feel amazing if you do!
This smoothie is full of good stuff that not only nourishes your body but will also help to alkalise it as well. Very important in our rushed, stressed and hectic lives. Even if you are eating a fresh healthy alkaline diet there are other factors that contribute to acidity such as EMF's, pollution, stress, anxiety to name a few.

Alkalising Green Smoothie

Serves: 2 large or 3-4 small

Ingredients:

2 large ripe bananas - spotty is best
2-3 apples
1 -2 scoops of your favorite protein powder of choice
Large handful of baby spinach
2 sticks of celery with celery tops
1 tsp maca - hormone balancing (optional)
1 tsp maqui powder – antioxidants, anthocyanin and polyphenols (optional)
1-2 tsp green superfoods - eg Spirulina, chlorella, barley grass powder, alfalfa, organic plant minerals)
Hand full of active almonds or nut of choice - soak in pure water overnight then rinse.

Preparation:

1.    Place all ingredients into a high speed blender with about a cup of pure water and a large handful of ice. 
2.    Blend until super smooth and creamy
3.    Pour into a glass and Enjoy! J


And here is the workout I am off to do.. hope you give it a go and enjoy it! Then you can enjoy your recovery smoothie! Have a great weekend all... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)