Great morning meal in a glass while reading a "get excited about life magazine" - Outdoor adventures!!
Makes: 2 good sized smoothies
2 ripe bananas - good carbs, potassium
2 ripe pears - good carbs
2 scoops protein powder - I used Pea protein powder but any will work
1 tbs activated walnuts - omega 3
1 tbs sunflower seeds - vitamin E
1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)- zinc
1 tbs goji berries - vit C
1 tsp chia seeds - EFA'S
1 tsp cacao powder - iron, magnesium
1 tsp mesquite powder - calcium, magnesium, zinc
1 tsp cinnamon - insulin balancing
1/2 tsp vanilla powder - wow factor!!
2 Brazil nuts - selenium
1/2 cup filtered water
1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and enjoy!
- If you want it to be raw here is a link to good quality raw protein powder
- The notes after each ingredient is a repeat of what I say in my head as I put together smoothies for my family each morning.. I have been making a large jug of fresh fruit smoothies with variation of the added ingredients for my family for 8 years!!
- You can activate your own nuts by soaking them overnight in filtered water then rinsing before you use them. The left over rinsed nuts can be refrigerated for about a day.
- If you don't have a high speed blender I recommend you get one.. spending money on expensive quality ingredients is a wise investment in you health but not haveing adequate equipment to prepare them properly is not doing them or your food preparation skills any justice!! A good blender will turn an ok smoothie or cream pie into something out of this world.. well worth the investment in your health and enjoyment of it! I recommend the vitamix available online at Raw Pleasure