Saturday, June 8, 2013

"Cooly Rocks On" Raw superfood thickshake

Don't tell them.. but this ones super nutritious and healthy!! Gotta love that.. wish I had one of those old fashioned milk shake cups and a red and white stripped paper straw though.. instead I was getting inspired about life.. looking for adventures in the outdoors.
Great morning meal in a glass while reading a "get excited about life magazine" - Outdoor adventures!! 

Makes: 2 good sized smoothies

Ingredients:

2 ripe bananas - good carbs, potassium
2 ripe pears - good carbs
2 scoops protein powder - I used Pea protein powder but any will work
1 tbs activated walnuts - omega 3
1 tbs  sunflower seeds - vitamin E
1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)- zinc
1 tbs goji berries - vit C
1 tsp chia seeds - EFA'S
1 tsp cacao powder - iron, magnesium
1 tsp mesquite powder - calcium, magnesium, zinc
1 tsp cinnamon - insulin balancing
1/2 tsp vanilla powder - wow factor!!
2 Brazil nuts - selenium
1/2 cup filtered water
1 cup ice

Preparation:

  1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. 
  2. Pour into 2 large glasses and enjoy! 

NOTE:

  1. If you want it to be raw here is a link to good quality raw protein powder
  2. The notes after each ingredient is a repeat of what I say in my head as I put together smoothies for my family each morning.. I have been making a large jug of fresh fruit smoothies with variation of the added ingredients for my family for 8 years!! 
  3. You can activate your own nuts by soaking them overnight in filtered water then rinsing before you use them. The left over rinsed nuts can be refrigerated for about a day.
  4. If you don't have a high speed blender I recommend you get one.. spending money on expensive quality ingredients is a wise investment in you health but not haveing adequate equipment to prepare them properly is not doing them or your food preparation skills any justice!! A good blender will turn an ok smoothie or cream pie into something out of this world.. well worth the investment in your health and enjoyment of it! I recommend the vitamix available online at Raw Pleasure
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)