It's been pretty busy here, we had a good weekend with 'Cooly Rocks On' and my hubby being home means I have been doing lots of cooking but not much posting... This is one of two I made yesterday afternoon that is protein enhanced and NOT chocolate.. was hubbies birthday last week so there was a little chocolate overdose. Plus I've been perfecting a chocolate fudge recipe that I seem to have nailed. Will be posting it soon..
These are moist and gooey just like a brownie with nice crunch from the activated walnuts. The secret ingredient Mesquite takes them to the next level giving them a special caramel flavour that's healthy and nutritious! It's not easy to find but it is easy to get, here is a link to purchase online. These guys also have the amazing vanilla powder (which is on sale at the moment for a great price!) I use in all my baking, well worth the investment and it's so pure, just ground vanilla, nothing else.
Makes: 20x20cm slice
1 cup rolled oats - use gluten free if you are gluten intolerant
1 cup walnuts – I used activated
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut flakes
3 tbs pea protein powder or similar
2 tsp mesquite – this is the magic ingredient!
1 ½ tsp aluminium free baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla powder
3 large tbs coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
3 tbs approx. water
- Preheat oven to 180oc (350of) and line a 20x20cm baking dish with baking paper or grease
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to distribute all ingredients evenly
- Place all wet ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold through until you have a well combined thick dough
- Pour into paper lined dish and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and if you are patient enough, wait for it to cool before slicing, as you can see I didn't so it’s a bit crumbly, it will firm up when cool!