Friday, June 14, 2013

Walnut, coconut and honey slice with two special ingredients that take it to the next level!! Gluten and dairy free.

Just quickly before I start raving, if you don't want to miss one of my recipes subscribe to my blog so that every time I do one it will land in you Inbox. Just add your email address to the 'follow by email' just to the right.
It's been pretty busy here, we had a good weekend with 'Cooly Rocks On' and my hubby being home means I have been doing lots of cooking but not much posting... This is one of two I made yesterday afternoon that is protein enhanced and NOT chocolate.. was hubbies  birthday last week so there was a little chocolate overdose. Plus I've been perfecting a chocolate fudge recipe that I seem to have nailed. Will be posting it soon..
These are moist and gooey just like a brownie with nice crunch from the activated walnuts. The secret ingredient Mesquite takes them to the next level giving them a special caramel flavour that's healthy and nutritious! It's not easy to find but it is easy to get, here is a link to purchase online. These guys also have the amazing vanilla powder (which is on sale at the moment for a great price!) I use in all my baking, well worth the investment and it's so pure, just ground vanilla, nothing else.

Walnut, coconut and honey slice

Makes: 20x20cm slice
Ingredients:

Dry
1 cup rolled oats - use gluten free if you are gluten intolerant 
1 cup walnuts – I used activated
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut flakes
3 tbs pea protein powder or similar
2 tsp mesquite – this is the magic ingredient!
1 ½ tsp aluminium free baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

Wet
3 large tbs coconut oil
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
3 tbs approx. water

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 180oc (350of) and line a 20x20cm baking dish with baking paper or grease
  2. Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to distribute all ingredients evenly
  3. Place all wet ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry and fold through until you have a well combined thick dough
  5. Pour into paper lined dish and bake for 25 minutes
  6. Remove from oven and if you are patient enough, wait for it to cool before slicing, as you can see I didn't so it’s a bit crumbly, it will firm up when cool!
  7. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)