Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Elegant raw chocolates

These are very similar to the Chocolate turtles I posted last a few weeks ago. I am so impressed with the raw tempered chocolate and how easy it is to work with, the results have been amazing. I hope you can get some and have a go at these because I know you will really impress friends and family with this little treat.


These are a little bit softer than the turtles but I think that's because I stole some of the dark chocolate mix to cover the raw choc topped banana protein bars I made on the same day! oops! It won't matter though they will still work out. I have done it both ways. These are gorgeous and fudgey and to store they will do best if kept in the fridge or freezer.

Elegant raw chocolates
 Ingredients:

1 cup tempered raw cacao paste
1 cup cacao butter
½ cup dark agave
½ tsp Kalahari or Celtic sea salt
½ tsp vanilla powder
1 cup cashews –soaked
½ cup dates – soaked
2 large tbs dark agave
1 tsp mesquite – optional but this really takes it to the next level.. Amazing!!

Decorations:

Goji berries
Sultanas/raisins
Activated almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts
Sun dried white mulberries

Preparation:
  1. In a glass or ceramic bowl melt the cocoa paste, cocoa butter,  agave, salt and vanilla at low temperature, I did this in my dehydrator but you can also do it in your oven set at warm, keep it at about 40oc (105of) or over a bowl of simmering water making sure no water gets into the mix.
  2. In a high speed blender add the soaked and rinsed cashews, agave, dates and mesquite and blend on high until super smooth and creamy. Rub it between you thumb and forefinger to make sure that it is not grainy textured if it is keep going until it’s like cream!
  3. Add the melted chocolate to the creamed cashew mix in the blender and blend to combine
  4. Gently spoon the mix into a piping bag with a decorative nozzle ensuring that you don't get any pockets of air
  5. Pipe the mix onto baking paper in various shapes and decorate with the nuts and dried fruit. For the hazelnuts I placed the hazelnut on the paper and piped over the top so the hazelnut is in the middle of the chocolate.
  6. Refrigerate or freeze until set.

NOTES:
  1. For the hazelnuts I placed the hazelnut on the paper and piped over the top so the hazelnut is in the middle of the chocolate.
  2. The tempered raw chocolate, dark agave, cocoa butter, vanilla powder, mesquite and Kalahari salt can be purchased online from Raw Pleasure if your local health of wholefoods don't carry it.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)