Thursday, August 1, 2013

Raw pumpkin and avocado alfredo


This is a combination of my favorite snack at the moment, I usually just slice up pumpkin and add a big chunk of avocado to it with a sprinkle of Himalayan salt and voila.. eating on the run!! But with my new spirooli I made a delicious meal out of it. I love how bright the pumpkin is. My favorite pumpkin is the Jap but you can use whichever one you prefer. The butternut has quite a different flavor and I only really buy it for when I do roasts for my family… I’m a bit obsessed with the Jap so find it hard to share it.. (Don’t tell them)  I combined the two in this recipe and it was great. Too get the wow factor it’s important that the you get the ones that area a nice dark orange as I find they are the sweetest.
The combination of the sweet pumpkin with the creamy savoury avocado is amazing. It’s a marriage made in heaven!! Plus it’s another quick and easy recipe that can be used for all occasions.


Raw pumpkin and avocado alfredo
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

A large chunk of peeled Kent, Jap or Butternut pumpkin – peeled

Alfredo sauce

1 avocado
2 inches of peeled zucchini
2 inches celery
2 cm long green chili
½ clove of garlic
2 slices fresh ginger
½ tsp dried mixed herbs or equivalent fresh
½ freshly squeezed lime – mine was quite small
½ tsp Celtic, Himalayan or Kalahari salt

Garnish

2 tbs pepitas or sunflower seeds
Sliced chili
Chopped fresh parsley or coriander


Preparation:

Spiralize the  pumpkin with the fine blade on a sparooli and transfer to a plate

Sauce:

Add all ingredients to the large cup of a tribest personal blender and blend until smooth. You can taste test for seasoning if you want or you can add it when it’s plated

Spoon the sauce over the noodles then sprinkle with the chili, pepitas and chopped parsley. Then you can season with fresh cracked black pepper and chili seasoning if you have it.  

Enjoy, I'm off to smash out a high intensity workout! 

Please feel free to pin and share my recipes if you wish.. :-) 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)