Saturday, August 31, 2013

Zucchini beet pasta with spicy cauliflower sauce


I've been super busy in my kitchen this week and have neglected my blog.. Not good. I have decided to do classes. I actually decided that a long time ago it's just that I've never done anything about it. My kitchen isn't set up very well for it but I will find a way to make it work and it will be fun. I will start small, just 5 people, that way we can all sit down after and enjoy the fruits (veggies sometimes!) of our labour with a cuppa! I'm looking forward to it. Getting together with like minded people and creating healthy food is a real buzz, I love the atmosphere.

I've done up this recipe this morning, it's one that's been on my mind for about a month and I just haven't had time to do it. I have a huge organic cauliflower and today is the last day of the Raw Pleasure special.. Spirooli and Tribest blender. My life would be dull without these 2 items so if you are into creating quick healthy treats and meals for you and your family, get it while it's hot!! ;-)

The mustard powder in this sauce makes it quite spicy so err on the light side if you are not a spicy person. The sweet beet really compliments it though and the fennel lends a nice after taste… If you are after a nice light dish with a bit of kick.. this is quick and easy to put together..





Zucchini beet pasta with spicy cauliflower sauce
Serves: 1

Ingredients:

1 medium to large zucchini
½ medium beetroot peeled

Sauce:

2 inch chunk of zucchini
1 large cauliflowerette.. whatever you call it!!
½ clove garlic
3 thin slices fresh ginger
¼ tsp mustard powder
¼ tsp fenugreek powder
½ tsp Celtic salt
2-4 tsp savoury yeast flakes

Garnish

Fresh chives
Savoury yeast flakes - add heaps if you like it cheesy
Celery seeds, fennel seeds -optional 

Preparation:

Spiralise zucchini and beet on the fine blade of a spirooli if you have one. You can also shave them into strips with a peeler

Sauce:

Add all ingredients to a personal blender and blend until smooth and creamy, taste and adjust seasoning if needed then pour sauce onto noodles and garnish… Enjoy!


  NOTES:
  1. Carrot and pumpkin noodles would also work with this as the sweetness of them goes well with the spicy mustard powder
  2. You can add 1/3 cup soaked and rinsed raw cashews to the sauce, not only will it add to the creaminess it will also make it a bit more sustainable so that your appetite does not return so quickly.
  3. Can be used as a side dish or a light main meal.
  4. The fennel seeds are very strong so if you are not a fan don't add them... Enjoy!

If you live on the Gold Coast and would like to attend one of my classes please send me an email, I'd love to have you there. :-) 

Please feel free to pin and share my recipes.. thanks...

2 comments:

  1. Your beetroot seems cooked, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No its not cooked. It's 100% raw peeled organic beetroot.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)