Friday, September 20, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Swirls


Here's a treat you might like for the weekend! ;-) It's rugby grand finals and my man is a madass rugby fan!! And while he's watching footy, he loves to snack of good quality chocolate!! I made these for him last week and they were a hit so I thought it would be nice to share them with you. Me, well I'm not a fan, but thats ok, he goes downstairs to his man den.. (not really its just a great big room with a huge TV, surround sound and most importantly.. our home gym! I get the upstairs TV to watch all my girly cooking shows and SBS, ABC doco's! Perfect setup!

These little fudge swirls are nice and creamy. Full of antioxidants from the good quality raw chocolate and well ...... just pretty damn yummy!

Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Swirls

Part 1

Ingredients:
75ml coconut oil
50 ml agave
1 tsp mesquite
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon

Part 2

100ml raw or roasted hazelnuts (depending if you want it 100%raw)
200ml pitted dates

Preparation:

Part 2 Preparation:
Place cashews and hazelnut into a bowl and cover with warm water for 2hrs
Place the dates into a measuring cup and then add warm water to 100ml. Push the dates down into the water so that they are fully submerged.

Make Part 1
Place all of the chocolate ingredients into a heatproof glass bowl and melt either in a dehydrator, oven at lowest temperature or over a hot water bath. Stir to combine then let it cool a little.

Adding Part 1 to part 2
Rinse and drain the nuts then add them along with the dates and date soak water to a high speed blender such as a vitamix. Add the remaining ingredients except the warm chocolate mix and blend until super smooth. Add the chocolate mix and continue to blend until it is fully combines and gorgeous looking.. J
Spoon into a piping bag, let cool in the fridge for about ½ hr then pipe swirls over single hazelnuts on a piece of greaseproof baking paper then place in the fridge or freezer to harden. They last well in both.

Leave them out for a while and they go soft and glossy.. be careful not to leave them out on a warm day as they will get too gooey!  you'll end up having to eat them with a spoon.. but then, that could be good too ;-) 
Enjoy your choccies and your weekend.. :-) 

PS. I'll have an update on the veggie garden in the next post.. 

this Recipe has been submitted to 
and 

Disclaimer: I have added links to some of the more unusual ingredients that I use in this recipe for your convenience.. I don't get any kickbacks from it but I like to help them as they are great to me and I hope it helps you as well.. cheers.. K 


4 comments:

  1. LOOKS AMAZING, Karen!! Holy moly. I bet I could eat waaaay too much of that! Thank you so much for sharing at Wellness Weekend this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ricki, Great for a weekend treat.. a well deserved one i'd say.. :-)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, these look so good! Another reason why I need to order some hazelnuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Heather, In my house chocolate and hazelnuts are always winner.. so if your a choc fan.. then, yes you'd better get some.. ;-) Have a great week..

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)