My youngest son.. yep that's Jstar! has been feeling a bit average lately so we have decided he needs to up his vitamin C. I think it's also because he has a lot of study to do. Exams start next week and he like to do well. Maths extension, first exam! one of his favourite subjects and he does very well at it but it involves a lot of study.
So to help him out this mornings smoothie was full of vitamin C, antioxidants, health fats including omega 3, fresh greens for phytonutrients, calcium from almonds and oranges, protein powder for growth and repair. Goji berries are a great source of vitamin A, C and E as well as antioxidants and protein to support growth and repair.
Orange Goji Breakfast in a Glass
Makes: about 3 large glasses
3 oranges peeled
1 ripe pear chopped
Handful of goji berries
1/2 cup active almonds
1 tsp chia seeds
3 big handfuls of fresh mixed greens
1/2 - 1 tsp mesquite - optional
Place all ingredients into a large high speed blender and blend on high until super smooth.
- You can add other fruit to the smoothie if you wish
- I use whey or pea protein for the boys, you can use whatever one you wish
- For a raw smoothie use the Bio Pro Natural or Vanilla and Cinnamon, its a bio-fermented easy to digest sprouted brown rice protein powder from Protein Supplies Australia.
- These smoothies make a good meal replacement or snack.
- If you wish to take it with you to work or school store in a thermos or stainless steel thermal jug for easy transport and freshness and make sure the container is sealed to maintain freshness.
Please feel free to pin and share my recipes and to make sure you never miss one of my healthified recipes you can subscribe to my blog through email at the top right hand corner of this page and they will be delivered to you inbox.... thanks :-)