Monday, September 9, 2013

Quick, easy and super healthy bread - gluten free, yeast free, grain free and dairy free


You can tell my man has been home.. posts are few and far between while he is here. We always have a great week though. We spent Saturday in the country out near Uki, catching up with friends in cafe's, fresh organic and homegrown produce from the markets, a picnic by the river and looking at properties. It's beautiful out there.

I saw this bread recipe on DeliciouslyElla's blog about a week ago and knew I had to make it. Preparation only took me about 10-15 minutes. I let mine sit for 2 hours then baked it. I found that I had to cook it a lot longer than she did. Mine ended up taking about 75 minutes. Just keep an eye on it while its cooking. Cooking time will depend largely on how thick the bread ends up in the baking dish you use. I used a large bread pan and pushed it to one side so that the pieces of bread were a good size for sandwiches and burgers.

There is no kneading for this gluten free, yeast free, high fibre, vegan bread . It's actually very easy to make and the results are extremely close to a good quality seeded loaf that would be very expensive to buy.. not that this is a cheap bread but it's good to know exactly what's gone into it and if you buy your nuts and seeds in bulk it does end up being much cheaper in the long run.

We've had organic butter and honey on the hot bread. (you can't waste the opportunity for this treat!) then I made grilled fish burgers for the boys and it was great tfor breakfast this morning. Be aware that it is super high in fibre so don't overdo it and remember to drink lots of water.

Almond, Quinoa and Pumpkin Seed Bread


 Here is a link to the recipe

The only changes I made was that I added 2 tablespoons of chia and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the mix.

Toasted bread with melted cheese, smoked salmon 
and eggs cooked in organic butter 

Enjoy! :-) 


2 comments:

  1. HI Karen,
    I was just responding to your comment on my site and decided to browse your wonderful recipes again. I just made a version of this bread yesterday (saw it on Yahoo a while ago and pinned it on Pinterest) and am IN LOVE with it! I ate mine with avocado, but your smoked salmon sounds yummy! I'll be following you--keep up your healthy cooking! You inspired me! Much aloha, Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, it is an amazing bread, so healthy and versatile. Thank you for your kind words... Like wise, I love your recipes as well and your focus on family, happiness and health. Such a rewarding way to live.. I love cooking for my family as I can see you do to.. :-)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)