Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Chocolate coated banana heart cookies.. Raw cookie heaven!


I'm really weird, when I make something this good I feel like I need to keep it to myself.. If I could make 1000 of these they'd sell like hotcakes!! they are sooo good! You know that whole secret recipe thing and they can only buy it from you.. Well, let me tell you.. "that ain't happenin!" Been there, done that! I will not be making mega cookies, crackers, crunchies or anything else to sell again! I nearly drove myself into the ground doing that with Kitz.. my labour of love. It will not happen again. I absolutely loved that business and it thoroughly outdid my expectations.. Daily I would exhaust myself with excitement, creativity and work! but it didn't feel like work until the end when the exhaustion had caught up with my adrenals... The Angels saved me that's for sure, especially my chief Angel.. she will always be my Angel and she knows that. :-)

Back to these awesome cookies.. they have a firm chewy centre with a yummy raw chocolate coating. Better than any store bought lollie thats for sure!

Banana Chocolate Hemp Heart Cookies
Makes: 6

Ingredients:

Cookies:
2 sundried bananas
½ cup pitted dates
½ cup active almonds (normal is also fine)
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup dried coconut
3 tbs finely shaved cacao butter or paste
5 tbs raw agave, raw honey, coconut syrup or maple syrup
2 tbs hemp protein powder or similar
1 tsp mesquite
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Chocolate:
½ cup chopped raw cacao paste
75 ml coconut oil
50 ml raw agave, raw honey, coconut syrup or maple syrup
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mesquite powder – optional but really does make it a bit special J

Preparation:

Cookies:
Add all of the cookie ingredients to a high speed blender or a food processor and blend until it turns into fudge.. this will take a while and you will need to stop occasionally and redistribute the mix so that it mixes evenly. Once it starts to turn into a ball it is ready. Press into the bottom of a heart shaped  silicone muffin pan and freeze until firm and you can push them out without them breaking. This won't take long. Keep frozen as you want them cold when you dip them in the warm chocolate mix

Chocolate:
Add all ingredients to a heat proof glass dish and either place in your dehydrator at 45oc, oven on its lowest temp or over simmering water bath until melted. Let cool slightly before dipping the heart cookies into the chocolate, leave them for about 30 seconds so that you get a nice thick coating them place onto a wire rack to set. Store in container, in the fridge or freezer.

NOTES:
  1. You can use any protein powder. I think that a chocolate or vanilla one would work ok
  2. If you can't get dried banana just add another half cup of pitted dates
  3. If you don't have a good quality blender, be very careful that you don't burn out the motor as it is a fairly firm mix.
  4. You can substitute pure vanilla paste in the recipe
  5. If you don't have a silicone muffin pan (a round one would work) then press the cookie mix into a paper lined square dish (not too big or they will be too thin) spread evenly and cut into squares before before freezing, you will end up with square cookies..
Ooh la la.. So good!
Here's a quick little recipe for any leftovers.. 

Fruit-n-Nut chocolates!

If you have any left over chocolate, add some chopped up nuts and dried fruit to it and place it into little  molds or a paper lined square dish to make Fruit-n-Nut chocolates!! :-) Waste not, want not! Enjoy! :-)

PS. All of my links are for your convenience (I am not affiliated with them but I do up recipes for their website and they help me with my ingredients) as some of these ingredients are hard to find. My first year of raw I blew up 5 blenders!! so I can't stress enough the importance of investing in a good blender.. You spend a lot of money on good quality food so you want the results of your creations to be perfect. A good strong blender ensures that it will. It ends up being cheaper in the long run because you are not having to replace them all the time!! Just saying.. :-)*

This recipe has been shared at
 Raw Pleasure
Allergy Free Wednesday











3 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen! These sound so wonderful! They look like valentine treats! Raw Cookie Heaven is the perfect name for them! Thanks for sharing at Raw Foods Thursdays. I'm off to share them as well!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that Heather, I was trying to save them for Valentines but they are too good, I made another batch on the weekend and my husband is hiding them from the kids.. hahaha.

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)