Thursday, November 14, 2013

Amazingly delish Cashew Cream Cheese!


There are so many versions of this fantastic raw, dairy free cream cheese. It can be used for so many things just as you would with the dairy version. It doesn't contain many ingredients and the're all standards most people have anyway. Cashews don't take long to soak so you can have a batch of this done in no time at all.

I made this batch on Saturday and it's been in my fridge since, and it's still tastes great and looks fresh. I had a friend over for lunch yesterday.. My little BFF from Raw Pleasure... and we had a lovely simple lunch of cashew cream cheese, home grown cucumber and tomato on a freshly baked loaf of Luving Life bread. She loved it!! We talked all things Food!! Healthy raw yummies that I am going to create and make for them so watch out for some great new raw Christmas recipes..
Here's the recipe, I'd love for you guys to try it over Christmas as it's a great dip to serve with crackers and cut up veggies for any celebrations, get togethers or entertaining at home... also pretty good too just to hide somewhere by yourself and munch out on your own!!

 Cashew Cream Cheese
Makes: One serving

Ingredients:

200ml raw cashews - soaked for 2 hours
1 1/2 cm slice of a medium onion
1/2 clove of fresh garlic or to taste
1/2 medium lemon juiced (approx 25 ml)
1/2 tsp Himalayan, Celtic or Kalahari salt (good quality salt :-) )
25 ml water

Preparation:

Rinse and drain the cashews then add all of the ingredients to the large cup of a high powered personal blender like the tribest , using the flat blade, blend until super smooth and deliciously creamy. Pour or spoon into a nice serving bowl and refrigerate until needed.

 Served with raw crackers..recipe here! I will be posting the recipe for these seed crackers soon. 

Or make a sandwich with Luving Life bread.. 



Here's a little update on the garden.. 

Happy Garden! except for one thing!

We've had some much needed rain this week and our veggie garden has loved it!! But!! HELP!!! Something is getting out tomatoes, I found one yesterday that looked ripe but the bottom of it had gone rotten.. then I found another with a small brown patch on the bottom as well. Does anyone know what it is or what causes it and do you have an organic way to get rid of it!! PLEASE!! We have so many on the vines I don't want to lose them.. 

Have a great day all, I missed yesterday's post so will try to get another one done this afternoon in line with my 30 posts in 30 days.. I'm really enjoying it actually.. have fun! hugs.. K :-)

PS. No, I am not an affiliate with Raw Pleasure but it is where I get all of the specialty ingredients and appliances. I add the links so that you can see what the items look like and if you want you can order them or you'll know what to look for at your local health food store. Good equipment and ingredients make the world of difference to how your recipes will turn out. luvluv.. K
PPS. I wish they did have an affiliate program.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)