Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Beetroot Pate/Dip - a pretty raw vegan sharing dip


I made this dip a few weeks ago for a Hen's Party I went to. Served with raw crackers and the Curry Almond Pate both were a hit so I need to share it with you'all. With Christmas just around the corner I think this would make a really great dip to serve to friends and family, or take to work Christmas parties. Shock all your friends with some delicious raw food. 

For a really quick and easy cracker recipe try this one.. Easy Omega Crackers I also like to slice up carrot, zucchini and cucumber into nice little rounds as they are better for scooping! I’m not a veggie stick kinda girl, you just can't get enough on them! ;-)




Beetroot Pate/Dip

Makes: 1 serve

Ingredients:

200ml raw cashews – soaked for 2 hours
3 slices fresh peeled medium to large beetroot
½ clove fresh garlic
½ tsp Celtic or Kalihari salt
3 pitted dried dates
50 ml water

Preparation:

Rinse and drain the cashews then add all of the ingredients to the large cup of a high powered personal blender like the tribest , using the flat blade, blend until super smooth and deliciously creamy. Adjust seasonings if needed. Pour or spoon into a nice serving bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Garnish with zested beetroot and fresh chives just before serving.
Keeps well if refrigerated in a sealed container for a few days.


Is anyone else getting a bit excited about Christmas.. I'm really looking forward to sharing some of my healthy treats with family that are coming over from Adelaide. A good excuse to get into my kitchen and create, I'm always looking for people to eat it.. lol

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)