Friday, November 15, 2013

Easy Omega Crackers


My man is back so I want to quickly share this recipe with you while he's busy. These cute little colorful crackers are great with the Cashew cream cheese I posted this morning. I'm also playing catch up.. I promised 30 posts in 30 days and I missed yesterday.

I picke some goodies from the garden this morning, I'll add a pic at the end of this post plus our lunches we had using some of the ingredients. We also had a great salad tonight using the lettuce, cucumber and rocket. I devoured the huge zucchini today in salads.. yes, I love raw zucchini.
The only equipment you need for this is a grater and obviously a dehydrator! Here's the quick and easy recipe. I do hope you have a go at making them. They are perfect with christmas fast approaching. They have such a festive look about them with the colourful grated carrot, zucchini and tomatoes.

Easy Omega Crackers
Ingredients & Preparation:

50ml hemp seeds
100 ml chia seeds
100 ml flax seeds
250 ml water

Add all of the seeds to mixing bowl, add the water and stir to combine. Let sit 1-2 hours or overnight then add:

1 tsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp celtic salt or similar
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 carrot grated
1/2 medium zucchini grated
1/2 medium tomato sliced into thin strips

Add the seasonings and vegetables into the soaked seeds then stir them through until everything is thoroughly combined. Turn the mix onto a teflex sheet on one of the dehydrator trays and spread evenly to about 3-4mm then scour into 4cm x 4cm crackers. Set the dehydrator to about 41-44 degrees celsius and  dehydrate for about 8 hours or overnight then turn them off the teflex sheet and continue to dehydrate until crunchy. Time is dependant on humidity in your area so just keep an eye on them. Some may be ready by the morning. Once ready let cool, then store in an airtight container until needed. If you live in a humid area don't leave them out too long as they will absorb the moisture and lose their wonderful crunch. Serve with raw dips or cashew cream cheese for a healthy snack or meal for yourself or to share with friend or loved ones. 

As promise here is a pic of today's fair from the garden... and our lunch.. 

 Our huge zucchini and lettuce.. I so wanted it to last. wouldn't it make a great Christmas tree!!

My spinach, brussel sprout and mushrooms with an egg &

 C's Tuna and Rice balls with Rocket, Lettuce & a Nasturtium from the garden. 

I'll be back with another Happy and Healthy recipe tomoz... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)