Sunday, November 17, 2013

Exotic tropical 2 Fruit Salad


I was on a bit a tropical bender this morning.. Frangipani and Hibiscus flowers collected on my walk with Roxi and Craig, home grown banana's, local mango with a touch of home dried pineapple, mango and organic shredded coconut! All that was missing was the coconut palms trees on the beach!

I think I am going to do something similar to this for christmas breakfast. It's so good you could have it for dessert with coconut yoghurt and raw honey or maple syrup. Like all fruit salads the quantities are estimates. I had just dehydrated some fresh pineapple and mango so I added a bit. It's not essential but if you have a dehydrator you could do some up and use it for a special occasion... and everyday is a special occasion!



Exotic tropical 2 fruit  fruit salad
Make: 1 generous serve

Ingredients:

3 small lady finger bananas or one large banana - Sliced
1/2 large mango or 1 small - diced
1/2 cup shredded organic coconut 
2 pieces each of dehydrated pineapple and mango - diced
1-2 tbs pepitas
3 tbs sultanas or raisins
Pinch of vanilla powder

Garnish:

3 activated pecans
1 tsp pepitas
Dehydrated Pineapple & mango - optional 
Maple syrup, agave or raw honey 

Preparation:

Add all ingredients except garnish to a bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle on garnish then drizzle slightly with sweetener of your choice. Let sit in the fridge for about an hour. You don't have to do this step but you'll find that is does make a difference, it gives it that extra 'Wow' factor. Enjoy! 

Yum!! 
The bananas come from the banana tree in the background just off my kitchen deck. :-) 

Mmmm, I'm a bit behind with my 30 posts in 30 days.. I have lots of recipes, it's just been time!! I will try to catch up .. :-) 


2 comments:

  1. I love eating fruit salad. It's been 10 years I haven't eaten any. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have noted it down, will try it soon.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the beautiful summer fuit around I think it's time to indulge! Enjoy Finn... :-)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)