Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Christmas Blissballs


Here's a recipe that you can make with some or all of the fruit mince I posted the other day. I've done a few things with and will be sharing them with you. I did something special yesterday as well but I shared that one with Raw Pleasure so I'll post it when they do.. it's only fair... ;-)

I've actually got two other things, one will be finished this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I really want to get it up tomorrow.. so I will make sure it gets finished. When I'm on a roll I'm go for it. Actually I'm always making things it's just getting the time at my computer to post them.



I'd made the 'other thing' this morning but it was bugging me cos I wanted to make something else, something that was quick and easy, but a little bit different and special. As I walked into my kitchen and opened the pantry I spotted the Hazelnuts! that was it.. chocolate, hazelnuts! perfect! I liked the idea of making something with a chocolate twist cos so many people love chocolate!

Here is this quick and simple recipe. As long as your fruit mince is ready this will only take 5 minutes to put together. You could also shape them into little puddings and use them on Christmas day.. that would be really cute. I am going to experiment with something that you could cover it with.. think white chocolate, custard, cream type of thing!

Chocolate Hazelnut Christmas Bliss Balls

I only made a small batch because I have made quite a few things out of the batch of fruit mince I made the other day.

Makes: approx. 10-12 balls

For these I ground:

1 cup hazelnuts – mine where activated and dehydrated but it’s not essential
1 cup dried coconut
1 ½ to 2 tbs raw cacao powder
Approx. 2/3 cup fruit mince

For rolling:

2 tbs hazelnuts
2 tbs dried cranberries
2 tbs dried coconut

Preparation:

Ground the nuts and coconut until fine then add to a mixing bowl with the cacao powder and fruit mince. Stir to combine and make thick dough that can be rolled into balls. If it’s too soft add more ground hazelnut, coconut or both.

Shape into balls and roll in the lightly ground Hazelnuts, cranberries and coconut. 

Enjoy!!  I did.. :-) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)