Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Raw Cranberry and Pistachio White chocolate Fudge


Here is my healthy version of White Christmas.. and if I must say so myself it's tastes much better than the stodgy store bought stuff. I can say there good because my family devoured them, so did friends that were lucky enough to get one. The white chocolate fudge is amazing.. I am going to have to make more for christmas that's for sure..

The chocolate fudge for this recipe is not stark white like the usual white Christmas you see, but then this one is not your everyday stodgy white chocolate. Made with natural ingredients it has a natural creamy colour….. Perfect for all of us natural loving peeps! J Enjoy…




Raw Cranberry and Pistachio White Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients:

White chocolate Fudge
1 cup raw cashews – soaked 3 hours
60 g raw cacao butter – chopped
100 ml maple syrup, light agave, coconut syrup or raw honey
75 ml coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla powder

Add ins
½ cup cranberries
½ cup shelled pistachios – halved
½ cup shredded dried coconut
1/3 cup sultanas or raisins
1/3 cup pepitas
1/3 cup dehydrated sprouted buckwheat – for crunch!

Sprinkles
2 tbs cranberries – diced
2 tbs pistachios – diced
2 tbs shredded coconut

Preparation:

Add rinsed and drained cashews, cacao butter, sweetener, vanilla and coconut oil to a high speed blender like the vitamix and blend until super smooth and creamy. This can take a while and you will need to use the tamper.
In a mixing bowl containing all of the add ins spoon over the white chocolate mixture and stir to combine it well. Dollop spoonfuls into a round or heart shaped silicon muffin pan then rain over the combines sprinkle mixture pressing it down slightly then place in the freezer to set.
Once they are hard it’s easy to push them out of the silicon molds. They will keep well in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!

NOTE:
1.      If you don't have the silicon mold then line a medium square or rectangular dish with baking paper then pour the mix into that and proceed as per the recipe. Once it has set cut with a sharp knife into squares.

2.      To get the white chocolate fudge whiter make sure you use a light coloured sweetener such as light agave or a really light clear honey. I used Maple syrup in the fudge used for the photo which has made the colour a bit creamy but the taste is amazing and to me thats all that matters.. 


Enjoy.. :-) 

This recipe has been shared at

Raw Pleasure

Allergy Free Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it today and it is so amazing! I am having a hard time not eating it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm so glad you liked it. I'm going to make some more tomorrow and hide it in the freezer from my family so I have it for Christmas.. lol.. Have a great Christmas.. :-)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)