Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Healthy, delicious detox recipes to get 2014 off a good start


These are some of my favourite recipes.. I love simple food. I am really attracted to raw food so you will see that most of these are raw. They are full of life, enzymes to help digest and assimilate all of the nutrients they contain, vitamins, minerals, easily digested amino acids, masses of phytonutrients and best of all... they taste damn good!!

Replacing just one meal a day with one of these will help to maintain a healthy weight and provide you with your daily dose of Veggies. I find them great for a light lunch. You can add protein to all of them in the form of boiled eggs, tofu, tempeh (make sure its a good quality and unprocessed) fish, seafood and if you are a meat eater (I'm not) slices of home cooked chicken or steak, Kangaroo is a low fat, high protein source of red meat and will turn them into a solid and satisfying meal. As is they also make great sides to any main meal. For the Strawberry Love you can add protein powder.
looks and sounds scary but they are yummy and sooo good for you!

 

I don't know about you but this is the type of food that makes me drool. With meals like this living a healthy lifestyle is so easy. I couldn't imagine these not being part of my everyday diet. (Diet as in what I eat, not diet as in lose weight!!!) Remember, if you eat good food and move your body.. you won't have to worry about your weight! Simple. Bonus effects.. you feel amazing, handle stress much better and will generally be a much happier and positive person. Why then is it that so many people don't eat this way all the time. Everyone I speak to that feels they need to lose weight or improve their health admit to me that when they have followed a healthy eating plan and done some form of exercise how good they felt.. DERR!! why did you stop!!

Enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)