Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Banana Avocado Swirl - Grain free and Dairy free.


Everybody loves chocolate, everybody loves banana! well most do anyway. I still have some of the 30 odd avocados I bought a few weeks ago. They are holding up well in the fridge, their outsides look a bit yuki, but on the inside they are perfect. I also had 2 bunches of bananas come ripe the same time so had lots of nice ripe and ready to go. Here is the result!














Chocolate Muffins with Chocolate Banana Avocado Swirl

Makes: 12

I used  my Grain Free Chocolate Brownie cupcakes for the muffins.

Frosting:

1/2 cup cashews - soaked 1hr, rinsed and drained
1 ripe avocado
8 tbs agave, coconut syrup, maple syrup or honey
2 small lady finger bananas or 1 med banana - ripe with black spots.
4 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder

Preparation:

Add the cashews, avocado, sweetener and peeled bananas to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy with no grittiness. You will need to use a tamper or stop and redistribute the mix so that it mixes properly. Once you have achieved this stage add the coconut oil and mix through for about 10-15 seconds so that it get thick and creamy then add the cacao powder and vanilla and blend until it has incorporated thoroughly through the mix. Spoon into a piping bag with a decorative nozzle and place in the fridge to cool. This also gives time for the muffin to cool as well. This should only take about an hour then you can pipe it onto the muffin and enjoy! Store in the fridge.

These are perfect for a snack or dessert, you could even smother it with some coconut

Tomorrow I am going to post how to make Coconut Butter, I've been looking for it in shops for a while but have not been able to find it so I made some myself.. Oh My! I can't believe how delicious it is, it's even naturally sweet. Can't wait to share it with you, Best part is it only contains 1 ingredient and it's super easy to make. I'm off to make a new batch now.. Enjoy your day..

Shared at Wellness Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)