Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fig-n-Oat Protein Balls - perfect post workout


How could I not make something like this this morning. I have a new bag of dried figs and they are divine.. gooey, soft, sweet and fresh. Amazing! to say the least. This was an impulse recipe, one that I often do while the kettle is boiling. Surely everyone does that. Open the pantry and get that rush of inspiration. Yes? No? Maybe? oh well, I get it a lot. Here is the result of this mornings post workout creation. Good enough to post I thought. No nuts, no seeds and no coconut so it's low fat but has good carbs and protein which are perfect nourishment for after a high intensity workout. Carbs to replace glycogen stores and protein for growth and repair. But hey? who needs an excuse to eat good healthy food. Have a go at these, they only take 3 minutes to make, the kettle will be boiled and you will have these healthy little treats to enjoy with your cuppa.


Fig - n - Oat Balls

Makes: about 5 (yep, I ate one before the photo!)

Ingredients:

4 fat juicy soft dried figs - stem removed and chopped
3 tbs rolled oats
2 tbs chia seeds or bran (I used bran)
1/2 scoop protein powder

Preparation:

Add everything to a small blender and blend until starting to stick together. It will go through a fairly dry looking stage before it get to this, just keep going until you get that sticky starting to roll in a ball consistency. Remove and shape into balls. Enjoy!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)