Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Apple and Cinnamon Bircher Muesli with Berry CoYo and Banana



This is a quick recipe you can use for breakfast, snack or lunch. I make this up in the morning when I'm busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast, smoothies,school lunches and daily snacks.  Everything is already out so it's easy to just grate the apple into the mix and add the rest of the ingredients. It sits in the fridge until my hubby has it for lunch..

Apple and Cinnamon Bircher Muesli with Berry CoYo and Banana

Makes: 1 serve

Ingredients:

1/2 to 1 cup Complete Meal Bircher Muesli
1 apple grated - peeled if not organic
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ripe banana
3-4 large tbs mixed berry Coyo yoghurt or any berry yoghurt of you choice*

Optional:
Raw honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar or raw agave

Preparation:

Add the cinnamon to the dry muesli mix and stir it through then add the apple and mix it through so that all of the apple is covered in the dry ingredients then add the yoghurt and banana, drizzle with raw honey if your not vegan or maple syrup, coconut nectar or agave if vegan and enjoy.


He goes back to work this afternoon so there won't be too many posts or pic's of his food for another week. So it's back to the type of food I eat and this goodies I make for them while he is away. The good news is he is really getting inspired by the whole idea of being more vegan. I'm really drawn to it. After being raw vegan for 5 years I know how it feels, it's quite surreal and calming and has to be experienced to understand. We are both very aware of the damage that meat eating and fishing is doing to our planet and the wild animals that rely on the land and fish to survive. There's also the inhumane farming practices, animal cruelty, chemicals and stress hormones that end up in the finished product and this is only touching the tip of the iceberg. I know it's a touchy and quite contentious subject but each to their own and I feel that once it's just the two of us it will be easy. I make no bones about it and my family are used to me. I don't consume any land animals or  their bye products at all and have really cut back my seafood. I'm now lucky to have a few sardines, fish or oysters once or twice a week. Sardines and oysters being my first choice as they are the most sustainable and contain the most health benefits. With the enhanced awareness now available through social media how does everyone else feel about this?

As for the post.. Enjoy your bircher..and I'd love to hear from you.. :-)

Recipe shared at


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Now that's what I call a hearty, healthy and delicious breakfast! I am so delighted that you shared this awesome Apple Cinnamon Bircher Muesli recipe with us at the Plant-based Potluck Party! All the best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)