Monday, August 11, 2014

Carob Vanilla Cream Cupcakes


 

I'm sharing these delicious little raw vegan cupcakes with you today because if you need any carob it's on special at Raw Pleasure and I know what their like, if you need it asap, they will get it to you asap. :-) That's not the main reason, they taste amazing, but then you should know by now that I love carob. I also made a scrumptious Chocolate Mouse Cake on Saturday as well. I'm going to share the recipe for that one this week as well. It has to be good because he (my main man) is having it for afternoon tea and dessert. That only happens when it's pretty special. Oh, and he is a chocoholic!!


This is a quick post today because I have lots of other little things to get done as well. A short post is better that none at all. I've been a bit absent from my blog in the last week. You know why? Yep, my main man has been home and he is home for 3 weeks this time. It really has an effect on my productivity.

As with most of my stuff these are pretty quick and easy and the result is scrumptious. Make sure that you press the cake down gently and don't pack them in or they will be too hard, you want to be able to take a nice easy bite and it will crumble in your mouth with the delicious soft, sweet and creamy vanilla frosting.

 Carob Vanilla Cream Cupcakes

Makes: 6

Ingredients:

Cake:

1 cup active almonds
1 cup pitted dried dates
½ cup dried coconut
1 tsp vanilla powder
Vanilla Cream:
1 cup soaked raw cashews
100 ml light agave
1 tsp vanilla powder
Zest of ½ lime

Preparation:

Cakes:

Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until fine. Don’t overdo it or it will turn into fudge. Once it resembles sticky bread crumbs press it into 6 silicone muffin moulds. Place in the fridge while you prepare the vanilla cream frosting.

Vanilla Cream:

Add all ingredients minus the coconut oil to a high speed blender and blend until super smooth and creamy. This can take a few minutes. Once it resembles pure thick cream add the coconut oil and blend for another 30 seconds to incorporate. Spoon into a piping bag then place the piping bag into a cup and place in the fridge to cool and get firm. Once firm enough you can pipe it onto the cupcakes and serve. Store in the fridge or freezer. They will keep indefinitely in the freezer. J Enjoy!

NOTES:
  1. If your nuts are not activated that’s fine, normal will work just as well.
  2. If you have a really good blender you could make the frosting without soaking the cashews. This will result in a nice firm cream. Mine where a little too soft so my cakes have to kept quite cool or the frosting will melt. Next time I will make them with firmer cashews. Either way the frosting will still be amazing. 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)