Sunday, August 24, 2014

Orange, Goji and Carob Balls




As I lay in bed this morning enjoying the sound of rain and the luxury of being able to sleep in my mind wondered off into creativity mode as it does quite often when as my body has decided it's had enough rest. I wanted to do something with goji berries seen as I have so many of them. (I tried to order 1 kg but the minimum was 5kg.. so yep, they sent me 5) and I have a fresh batch of beautiful raw carob bites and fresh oranges from the garden so that was my inspiration.
It also had to be something quick and easy because I didn't have much time. I also had to get breaky for my Jstar, do a quick leg workout and I have heaps to do on my computer. I'm finally getting my head around doing up the eBook for my Little Book of Raw Tarts! Well, I thought I was then Jstar sends me a link on how to make it even better so that I can convert it to an eBook for iPad with all the functionality. If only he realised the perfectionist in me that had caused the 12 month delay I'd finally got my head around and decided a well put together, functional Pdf would suffice. So a few hours were wasted spent today reviewing new programs that would then take me 3 months to learn how to use then another 3 to get it exactly how I wanted it then would I be happy with the result anyway and there you go, it's on the back burner again!! Far out!! I think I'll stick with the Pdf for this first then do the next a bit better.

These are super quick and easy to make. If you don't have the carob bites then  just use carob power (2-3tbs) or you can just leave it out. If your a cacao person then add 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder to make then chocolaty. The result is a soft and chewy ball with little crunchy bits of carob bites. Oh, and the orange zest really gives it a wow factor... #yum




Orange, Goji and Carob Balls

Makes: about 6 decent sized balls.

Ingredients:

½ cup pitted dates
½ cup carob bites
½ cup mixed nuts and seeds (almond, sunflower seeds, pepitas, and walnuts)
½ cup goji berries
½ cup rolled oats
1 tbs chia
1 tsp organic orange zest
½ tsp vanilla powder
Dried coconut for rolling

Preparation:


Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until fine and sticky then shape into balls and roll in coconut if you wish. Enjoy! 

 

 
Enjoy!
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)