Thursday, October 23, 2014

Coconut Sugar Caramel - thick and creamy and OMG delicious!


 

 I just feel like I have to share this amazing caramel sauce with you guys all by itself. Its the same one used in the Vegan Caramel Swirl Ice Cream recipe I did a little while ago. I've made a few batches since then and always seem to have a jug of it in the fridge or pantry. It's thick and creamy and goes with so many things. I've added it to tarts I've done for the eBook, the Epic Chocolate Layer cake I am getting around to posting asap!!! Ice Cream and whatever else you like caramel with! Doesn't include licking it off the spoon! but it is a nice.. not really encouraged!

Because of the ingredients used it stores really well. I do find though that when I put it in the fridge the coconut separates and forms little blobs so if you want it to stay like the picture then it's best to store in a sealed jar in the pantry. Or you could try omitting the coconut oil. I will try it next time and let you know how it goes. I'm sure it will be fine especially if you use nice thick coconut cream.

Caramel
Ingredients:


¾ cup coconut sugar
¾ cup coconut milk fat/cream
2 tbs maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
¼ cup coconut oil

Preparation:

Add all ingredients into a small pot and simmer on low for about 20 minute’s stirring occasionally until it thickens slightly. Let cool then pour into a heat proof container or jug. 


 A little piece of the beauty that awaits my at my front gate. Some people call them weeks, I call them gorgeous flowers! The yellow ones are dandelion that are sprouting in everyone front lawns at the moment and the purple one come from my neighbors tree.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)