I'm pretty focused on how wholesome and healthy diet makes me and my family feel and the health benefits that seem to speak for themselves. I will write more about that in another post as it's quite an important subject and the more I look at my life and how I've changed my eating I am finding some interesting little things that have happened and how I instinctively eliminated certain foods and how those changes have affected my health, positive attitude and my happiness. Maintaining a healthy weight has just been a side affect.
Date and Coconut Breakfast Muffins - egg free
1 cup rolled oats – ground into flour
½ cup rolled quinoa – ground into flour **
½ cup pitted dates – chopped
½ cup shredded coconut
1 ½ tsp bi-carb soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla paste
½ cup almonds or sunflower seeds ***
½ cup water
4 tbs honey, agave or maple syrup *
1 tbs chia
1 tbs coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy then add to the dry ingredients and fold through.
- Spoon into a greased or lined muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- For gluten free make sure the oats are gluten free or use all quinoa flakes
- * For Vegan don't use the honey
- ** If you don't have quinoa flakes sub with more rolled oats.
- *** For nut free use the sunflower seeds
Simple food, simply delicious!