Sunday, March 1, 2015

Banana Caramel Fudge Tart - raw vegan, 15 minutes, 6 ingredients.


I had a moment of frustration last week and what better way to cure and clear my brain of 'stuff that doesn't matter' because lets face there's always an answer to everything and it's never the end! Because if it's not OK, then it's not the end! And you know what I walked away from it, thought the worst and was happy with that scenario then I sleep on it and in the morning I had a solution. Everything happens for a reason and I think I've come up with a much better plan and it's going to be beneficial for not only me, but for someone else as well and that makes me feel even better. The more I give the more I get. I like that.


So in that moment of clearing my head and getting into my Zen zone I came up with the little creation. I've been a bit obsessed with creating recipes that are vegan, (cos that's my passion) gluten free, (because I really believe the less you eat of that stuff the better you will feel even if you don't think your intolerant or allergic to it) and nut and seed free because I am hearing about so many people that can't eat them either. I don't want these peeps to miss out on good healthy tasty food and lets face it this is a decadent cake that's good for anyone. Made with fairly standard pantry staples it's something you could whip up in an instant, stick it in the fridge and voila, you have a dessert, snack, treat or just a plain old late night indulgence that's easy to digest, guilt free and won't leave you feeling like a frustrated sloth the next day wishing you'd just gone to bed and not been tempted by anything that resembled cake, cookies, ice cream, tarts, bavarians, fudge, blissballs, gooey overnight oats, caramel or butterscotch! This little baby is going to make you feel amazing, while at the same time alleviating that impulsive desire for something sweet to finish of the day! So read on, cos I'm about to share the quick and easy recipe with you.


There's a little secret I need to tell you about this cake, if you can handle it and your not in a hurry, the longer you leave it sitting in the fridge the better the taste and consistency gets. So maybe make 2, one for now and one for latter in the week. I think it would last up to at least 7 days if you put it into a sealed container. I just had it on a plate and it's getting better day by day. I just have one or 2 tiny slices. (pretty good for me as things like this usually scream at me from the fridge "Eat Me!" until there's none left) I must be maturing.

Banana Caramel Fudge Tart
Ingredients:


Base:

2/3 cup pitted dates
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup dried coconut

Filling

1 ripe Ladyfinger banana
½ cup pitted dates
1/3 cup rolled oats
2-3 tbs Maple syrup
¼ cup coconut milk

Preparation:

Base
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until fine and sticky then press into a small spring form cake tin making sure that you have even mixture right up to the top of the sides.
  2. Set aside while you prepare the filling
Filling:
  1. Add the oats to a high-speed blender and blend until fine then add the remaining ingredients and continue to blend on high until super smooth and creamy.
  2. Pour filling into the base and smooth the top then place in the fridge to cool and thicken.
NOTE: 

  • I had a little bit of base left over so I flattened it out and pressed out a star to place on top. (You could also just roll it into balls and enjoy while it’s warm and fudgy ;-) )
  • If you don't have a spring form cake tin then line a straight sided container with clingfilm or baking paper leaving quite a large overhang so that you have something to hold onto when you need to remove it. Proceed to press the base into this. 
Yeah! I know, I ate the middle out of it for the pic but stopped there. Now I just eat and share tiny slices from what's left! ;-) 


Too many pictures, I know, but I didn't know which ones to delete so I shared them all with you. 

It's such a beautiful day here today and I need to get out of the house so I'm off to the beach for a while then home for some chill time cos that's just what you should do on a Sunday when you've got most of the day to yourself.

Enjoy! :-) 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love challenging myself to make all raw desserts so this is a recipe I must try. This tart looks and i bet tastes awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thalia isn't it fantastic what we can create with healthy natural ingredients. My kids and their friends keep coming back for more of this one, I am going to have to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would a regular banana work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kate, you could use a regular banana but just be aware that they are generally not as thick and creamy so if you feel it needs a bit more body then add some more ground oats and test the sweetness to see if it needs adjusting as well. Either way it will still be delicious. :-)

      Delete
  4. These look delicious Karen! What size spring form pan did you use? It looks miniature but I can't be sure?! Love your work xx M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for you kind comment and for pointing that out, I should have added the size to the recipes. Yes, it is a small one. It's a 17cm (6/5 inch) diameter spring form pan. Perfect size for healthy treats. ;-)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)