Thursday, March 26, 2015

Banana Muffins with Anzac Crunch - Paleo and Dairy free


I know Easter comes before Anzac Day but I'm a bit out of sorts this week so I decided my blog might as well stick with my Karma! I have something I'm working on for Waffle Day as well. Apparently that's this Saturday but I've seen lots of stuff on social media already, maybe it goes for the whole week.

Anyway who can't resist a good Banana Muffin, topped with a splash of sweet, crunchiness you can't go wrong. There are pretty simple to make and the Anzac Crunch is great by itself. I've used this recipe I did a few weeks ago. I've been an a real crispy, sweet, crunchy, streusel binge lately, they're on and in everything.

Banana Muffins with Anzac Crunch    

Paleo, Dairy free

Makes: 8

Ingredients:

Muffins

1 cup almond meal
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 ripe bananas
2 free range eggs or 2 tbs ground flax soaked in 4tbs water for 45 minutes for vegan* 
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla paste

Anzac Crunch

4 tbs rolled oats or slivered almonds for Paleo
4 tbs dried coconut shreds
2 tbs coconut sugar
1 tbs honey
1 tbs coconut oil

Preparation:

Muffins
  1. Preheat oven to 180oc and add patty liners to muffin pan
  2. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine thoroughly so that the baking powder is evenly distributed within the mix
  3. Add the wet ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and the oats have been blended until fine
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir through thoroughly then spoon mix into the muffins pan
  5. Place into the oven for 12 minutes then place the Anzac crunch on top and bake for another 8 minutes or until done.
Anzac Crunch
  1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir through with your fingers tips until you have a crumbly but sticky mix. Make sure that every ingredient is evenly covered in the honey and coconut oil.
  2. Once the muffins are ready gently and quickly sprinkle about 1-2 tablespoons of the mix on top
  3. of each muffin. You don’t have to flatten it out as the more surface area there is the more crunch will be achieved.
PLEASE NOTE*: the vegan egg options always come out a little denser and heavier. Add another 1/2 tsp of baking powder to help but it won't fix the problem completely. 


The recipe is here if you want to have a go at making this simply delcious granola. :-) 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)